Pilgrim Day Camp’s Parent Guide
Drop off times + Where to drop off + What to bring +
Everything in between!
1 Badger Road Framingham Ma, 01702
Office Hours 8:30 am - 4:00pm
Phone: 508-875-8215 + 508-875-8305 Email: Pdc@Macucc.org Fax: 508-875-8154
Our lines are always ringing, we may be on another line, if so leave a voicemail and we will call you right back. When make sure to leave your name, camper name, and unit of camper
DROP OFF AND PICKUP TIME:
Drop Off Time:
8:45 - 9:00 a.m.
Please refrain from dropping off any earlier than 8:45 as traffic can cause severe delays. Our staff will come right to your car, and take your child to their group. Please know which cabin they are in and have their bags and all belongings ready for a smooth and easy transition ? If you would like to walk your child to their group, or to speak their counselors please park in the designated parking lot.
Pick Up Time:
3:45 - 4:00 p.m.
Please know your child’s unit so we can promptly bring your child to your car. Again, please park if you would like to speak to their counselor at the end of the day. A late fee may be imposed if picking up after 4:00 p.m.
DROP OFF AND PICKUP LOCATIONS:
LOWER PARKING LOT
PLYMOUTH HOUSE - PILGRIM HOUSE - BLOCK HILL
Campers in these younger units should be dropped off and picked up at the EDWARDS HOUSE (large white house next to the red barn style building). Enter at the main entrance on Badger Road, off of Salem End Rd. Follow the driveway, bearing right at top, and proceed as directed. A counselor will come to your car and bring your child to their group. There is NO parking once up at Edwards House or in the rotary due to heavy traffic. If you would like to talk to any of the counselors at either morning drop off or during the afternoon pick up, please park in a parking space, and walk to their group.
MIDDLE PARKING LOT
BIRCH HILL- QUARRY HILL - BANNER HOLLOW-PINE NOTCH
Drop off and pickup area is in the FIELD AREA on your left, just inside the Main Entrance on Badger Rd. A counselor will come to your car to bring your camper to their group. If you would like to speak to their counselor during the drop off/ pick up, simply park in the parking lot first. Someone will direct you to your child’s unit leader.
UPPER PARKING LOT
MAPLE RIDGE-SHADY WOODS- BADGER KNOLL-WHITE PINES-ROCKY RIDGE -CITS: Proceed to the Second, or “Upper Parking Area” on Badger Road, shortly beyond the main first entrance. PLEASE ENTER THIS AREA BETWEEN 8:45- 9:00 A.M. at the "ENTRANCE" only. The gates to the parking lot will not be open prior to 8:45. We ask that you refrain from coming earlier. Cars that are backed up too early on Badger Rd. present a serious safety problem. Follow the gravel road up to the 1620 house and proceed to the rotary. A counselor will open your car door, and bring your child to his/her group. We ask if you would like to speak to your child’s unit leader that you please park in the grassy area before the rotary. An area director will bring you to the correct group.
MULTIPLE CAMPERS PICK UPS:
Please pick up your carpool at the youngest child’s group. I.E if you have a Rocky Ridge camper, Maple Ridge camper, and a Plymouth House camper in your carpool, proceed to pick them up at the Lower Parking Lot. Please remind your child if they have a sibling or someone in a car pool, or write a note to their counselor so they know where to bring them at the end of the day. ?
MULTIPLE CAMPERS DROP OFF:
If you would like to drop off each child at their designated parking lot you are more than welcomed to do so. If you would rather drop your carpool off at one place, please drop them off at the youngest child’s group, we will bring the other children to their group as soon as we can.
- Please notify the camp office by email, or call to let us know if your camper will be absent.
- If this is a planned absence please email the office at least 24 hours in advance. If this is a day of absence please email or call the office at least by 9 a.m. Both email and voicemail should include camper’s first and last name, group, and when they will be returning to camp.
- If this is planned in advance, please email the office.
- If this is a day of late arrival please email or call the office as soon as possible stating your camper’s name, group name, and time of arrival
- When you arrive please office parking lot where you are to walk your camper into the office. You will sign your camper in and we will take them to their group.
SAME DAY DISMISSAL
- We allow early dismissals before 3:00 p.m. For safety concerns we do not allow pick-ups between the hours of 3:00 pm and 4 pm.
- Please give us 24 hour notice by email or by calling the main office.
Friday Early Dismissal
- Please call or email us by 12:00 pm to notify us of an early dismissal.
- We will need the camper name, unit, time of dismissal, and who will be picking up.
- We ask that you look at your camper’s weekly schedule to plan to pick up in-between activities for a quick and easy dismissal.
If we do not receive 24 hour notification of an early dismissal be aware it may take up to 30 minutes to gather your child and their belongings.
- Fridays are all camp cookout and special day we ask that you give us 24 hour notice if you would to pick up early on Fridays.
- You may pick up your camper any time BEFORE LUNCH AT 12:00 PM OR AFTER LUNCH AT 1:00 As all of our staff are in the woods for an all camp cookout.
- Again ABSOLUTELY NO PICK UPS AFTER 3:00 PM Monday - Friday.
THE CAMP MUST BE NOTIFIED, IN WRITING, IF SOMEONE OTHER THAN A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR CARPOOL DRIVER IS BEING AUTHORIZED TO TAKE YOUR CHILD OUT OF CAMP. Please have your guest have identification on them. You can easily and always log back into your account to update your authorization card throughout the summer!
Your child should be aware, whenever possible, if someone other than the regular driver will be taking him or her home. All early dismissals will take place at the office. Your child is to be signed out there.
COMMUNICATION WITH UNIT STAFF:
If you would like to speak to your child’s unit leader you are always welcome to do so at either pick up or drop off time.
If you wish to walk your child to their group or if you would like to speak to one of their counselors please park
in the designated parking lot, as traffic in the rotaries can cause serious traffic delays.
If you wish to contact us during the day, you are always welcome to call or email the office to communicate with your children’s unit leader, or one of our assistant directors assigned to your child’s unit.
We will post your child’s unit special day calendar, and daily calendar to our website, and Facebook page. A copy of the special day calendar will go home with them in their backpack every Monday. A weekly e-mail will be sent out to inform you on all of the activities going on at Pilgrim while your child is here.
Towels will be provided to the campers in Plymouth House
and Pilgrim House
with each swim period. All other campers should bring their own towels. Light weight if possible. Please make sure they are labeled.
The camp provides a cookout every Friday. We serve hotdogs, hamburgers, salad, chips, and ice cream sundae for dessert. Campers are welcome to bring their own lunch on cookout days if they prefer.
MORNING EXTENDED DAY
From 7:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Children should be brought to the Pavilion
at the middle parking lot field area, near the lower parking lot and animal pen. Senior staff will be waiting to check campers in. Campers cannot be
dropped off before 7:30 a.m. Children must be previously enrolled to take part in this program.
AFTERNOON EXTENDED DAY:
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Children will have the opportunity to swim and do various other activities during this time. Pick up for this program will be to the right of the camp office. A late fee will be charged to anyone picking up after 6:00 pm
Full day, Morning, and Afternoon campers should bring lunch every day, except Friday. Lunches are not refrigerated. Milk is provided with lunch, as well as a popsicle daily. A morning snack is provided for children in the three youngest groups, Plymouth House, Pilgrim House and Block Hill.
WHAT TO BRING
PILGRIM DAY CAMP TEE SHIRTS + SWIM SHIRTS
- Sunscreen – place in plastic bag labeled with name / unit
- Bug repellent- place in plastic bag labeled with name/ unit
- Lunch (Monday - Thursday)
- Pool shoes (optional for 4-6 yr. old)
- 1 Towel (Block Hill and up)
- Swim Goggles (optional)
- We advise to have your child wear a bathing suit to camp and pack an extra bathing suit and underwear. Keep in mind they swim twice a day.
- Spare change of clothes (younger units) in a plastic bag to keep it dry.
- Sunscreen is necessary! Please apply sunscreen on your child before camp starts. Staff will help the children apply sunscreen after each swim, and throughout the day.
- Water bottle (we also have water refill stations available throughout the facility)
- Sneakers- flip flops are strongly discouraged due to injuries. Velcro sneakers are highly recommended for the younger kids ?
- On inclement weather please wear a rain jacket, warm clothing, or rain boots. Also remember to pack or wear shorts, tshirt, bathing suit, in case the storm passes ?
- To help prevent lost items, all clothing and other items should be clearly labeled with your child's full name and cabin name.
Tee shirts with the camp logo may be purchased at the Open House on June 25th
or any time at the camp office. T-shirts are $10.00 each
We will also be selling SWIM SHIRTS
this summer! Click the link below to check them out!
OR GO TO https://www.tugasunwear.com/camps
Access PDC PRODUCT with the code: S8F7E
- The perfect rash guard to keep your child sun protected and comfortable in the water
- Made with UPF 50+ fabrics, blocks 97.5% of UV rays, wet or dry
- Minimizes the need for the camper to apply sunscreen
- Bright rash guards make children easily visible in the water
We cannot be responsible for articles lost by a camper. Everything should be clearly labeled. If your child is missing something, you are welcomed to check the Lost and Found, located behind the office, just in front of the pool. Please do not bring any valuables to camp.
Children will be tested on their first day of camp to see which level they are in. We have lessons every morning, and free swim in the afternoon. We place children according to Red Cross certified standards. A notice will go home with them in their backpacks, early mid-week stating their swim level. At the end of each session they will be given a swim card stating if they passed their level, or what needs improvement.
HEALTH HISTORY AND IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
Must be received by this office before any child can come to camp, per Massachusetts State Guidelines.
click view registration – click medical form- fill out information- submit.
must be uploaded to the registration site. Click view registration and scroll down to upload.
Please help us to ensure that your child will have a safe and positive experience this summer. It is important that any major changes in your child's health or environment be communicated to our nurses and/or administrators. Any information shared with us will be handled in strictest confidence.